Tuesday, April 21, 2015

This is the completed painting from earlier, one thing I like about this painting is the shirt of the doll on the right, I used marker and ink wash to color it and it's bright which I like. I messed up on the hair for the doll on the left, and I think it messed up my jam because I kept making rash decisions after that. I added lots of lines to it, thinking it would look better but the bangs were askew, so I colored them black. I like it though, I actually dyed my hair in this way once, I had blonde locks but black bangs, idk I think it looks edgy. Hm.


 Personal notes for next painting similar to this one;


  •  use darker duller colors for the background; grays, dark blues, blacks, browns, and indigo
  • more small ink marks like on the sleeve, I like it.
  •  use thinner pens for tattoos, this one stands out way y y y y too much
  • consider using colored pencil to add details on clothing, like on jeans to add texture.
  •  use thinner paint brushes for small details.
  •  stop adding pen lines in the middle of color construction, it throws everything off, wait till after all the paint is dried.
  •  outline as little as possibly, break it up evenly, like there is too much line work on the facial definition of the jaws and necks, id like them to at least be thinner, more organic. Should probably use ballpoint pen for this task.


No comments:

Post a Comment