Thursday, April 23, 2015

Workspace





 The post Workspace was removed on accident so I'm posting a new one. The first picture is a shot I took for my DA followers wanting to know what kind of supplies I used. Summary; I use a lot of caked watercolors, some gouache, and ink pens. My collection of pens has grown massively since this was taken in Jan/Feb, you can see in the bottom right picture. When I'm done with a painting sometimes I like to hang them up on my thread line. so they're always in view. When art block strikes me I look over at them and try to get inspired. My desk and all my tools are crammed in my tiny room. I grew up in and lived in this room for 9+ years. I don't mind it's small size, in fact I like it a lot, it's pretty cozy. Only downside is when I'm making my way to the door I must maneuver with caution or the side table could shake and a jar of pens could topple over, but not often. I'm pretty careful.


Even though I'm in my 20's now (22) I just started getting really into "girly" things (they're of course genderless and none exclusive to girls but I still call them girly out of habit, but assume it has a gender neutral connotation), for example, I'm collected stickers and pillows and blankets with bright colors. The jewelry box below I had painted last year and kept away in a box, until last month when I had on hand an entire unused set of Lisa Frank stickers. I used almost all of them to decorate it with. It's now my favorite thing to look at in the whole room.




No comments:

Post a Comment